I would recommend a simple way. (step-by-step, no step missed)
- Login to Cloudflare
- Add your old domain
- Select a free plan
- Update nameservers at your Domain Registrar.
- DNS propagation may take sometimes.
- Assuming, Cloudflare is active
- Go to DNS, create two A records namely
- Point to your new domain hosting IP address
- Go to Crypto > Turn on Flexible SSL (To have free of cost SSL support for the old domain)
- Go to Page rule
- Create a Forwarding rule
Set HTTP status code
302, whatever you need.
- Apply and save.
The wildcard redirection will start working immediately.
We think this is a better option than any other. Once we had used GoDaddy forwarding. It works but there are two catches.
- Some useless redirect chain
- No HTTPS support (by default)
We think this article has helped you.
That’s all for now.